Most trainers, physical therapists, and other healthcare professionals regularly encourage us to do what it takes to strengthen our core. Why? A strong core leads to better balance and stability.
Harvard.edu goes as far as saying that “a strong, flexible core underpins almost everything we do.” It impacts every aspect of our lives, including at home, at work, and at play.
Having a strong core also applies to our businesses. A strong core (or foundation) allows us to be more nimble, flexible, and able to better balance all that needs to be done. It is the backbone (pun intended) of an organization.
What is required to build a strong core in your business? Here is a short list:
- Ensure everyone in the organization has clarity on the priorities
- Build repeatable processes that are efficient and effective
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and communication
- Address those “one-only tasks” that can cripple your organization
- Move from tribal knowledge to institutional knowledge
Are you unsure how to build this core? My COO Resources can give you the methodology needed to work through those issues. Questions? Do not hesitate to contact me at CharleneA@mycooresources.com. And check out our blogs and previous newsletters and/or emails at http://www.mycooresources.com/?page_id=324