What do Meryl Streep, Warren Buffett, and LeBron James have in common? All of them are successful in their chosen careers. Yet, none of the three reached that level of success over night. They each cultivated, developed, nurtured, and worked hard to excel. That desire for excellence has created a lifelong effort on their parts to continue to hone their skills, knowledge, and expertise. LeBron James is rumored to spend $1.5 Million every year to ensure he stays strong and healthy.
The mistake business owners sometimes make is that they do not realize that it takes more than a brilliant product or service to stay the course. It takes fine-tuning, further design and development, and building operational effectiveness.
Most business owners and leaders want to grow their Companies, yet they do not recognize that they must also build a strong operational foundation to achieve that growth. This should include:
- Establishing clear leadership
- Developing knowledgeable, competent Staff
- Communicating effectively among Management, Staff, Customers, Strategic Partners and trusted Relationships
- Providing consistency in what is done, how it is delivered, and how it is communicated
- Focusing on both efficiency and effectiveness
- Producing quality products/services
- Establishing methods to measure successes
- Defining the organization’s culture and what are the “right” folks needed for the organization
- Creating clarity
- Having accountability for both Staff and Management
Need help with becoming more like Meryl, Warren, and LeBron? Don’t hesitate to contact me at CharleneA@mycooresources.com. Also, check out our blogs and previous newsletters and/or emails at http://www.mycooresources.com/?cat=3