Have you ever noticed as you drive down the street how other drivers are paying more attention to things other than driving their cars? Checking their emails, reading or sending texts, looking anywhere but the road …the list seems almost endless. In fact, recently while driving down the street I saw a woman putting on her makeup. I had to do a double-take when we stopped for a light.
The challenge we have is that many folks do not have a clear understanding of risk and its implications. They think “it won’t happen to me.” When in reality, statistics are staggering. Some Experts state that accidents involving injury or death are in the millions!!
This “it won’t happen to me” approach spills over into business. Too many Leaders do not assess their risks and mitigate them.
Operationally, so many risks can be mitigated. For example:
- Creating repeatable processes that mitigate errors and provide clarity on what needs to be done
- Understanding roles and responsibilities by all Staff
- Assessing and then documenting processes for training and reference
- Establishing internal controls to mitigate fraud
- Defining methods to measure success
Avoid an accident and assess the risks that can compromise your successes. Questions? Do not hesitate to contact me at CharleneA@mycooresources.com. Also, check out our blogs and previous newsletters and/or emails at http://www.mycooresources.com/?cat=3